Exam Pattern :
Exam Pattern for the Written Exam is as Follows:-
- Applicants provisionally considered eligible will have to appear in an MCQ based preliminary examination which is qualifying in nature.
- There would be 100 objective type questions having multiple choice (four choices) of answers carrying equal marks each.
- The duration of this examination will be 1:30 hours (one hour thirty minutes).
- Question paper will be set in two languages (Bengali & Nepali).
- There will be NEGATIVE marking of 1/4th Marks for each incorrect answer.
- Questions of the Preliminary Examination shall be from the following subjects :-
|Subjects||Max. Marks||No. of Questions|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||40 Marks||40 Questions|
|Mathematics||20 Marks||20 Questions|
|Everyday Physical Science||20 Marks||20 Questions|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||20 Marks||20 Questions|
|Total Marks||100 Marks||100 Questions|
WB Police Wireless Operator Pre Exam Syllabus :
Exam Syllabus for Examination is given below :-
- Mechanics : 1D Motion, 2D Motion, Relative Motion, Uniform Circular Motion, Newton’s 3 Laws, Kinetic Energy, Potential Energy, Conservation of Mechanical Energy, Conservation of Total Energy, Impulse, Momentum and Angular Momentum, Simple Harmonic Motion, Pendulums.
- Oscillations and Waves : Periodic motion – period, frequency, displacement as a function of time. Periodic functions. Simple harmonic motion (S.H.M) and its equation; phase; oscillations of a spring-restoring force and force constant; energy in S.H.M.- kinetic and potential energies; simple pendulum-derivation of expression for its time period; free, forced and damped oscillations (qualitative ideas only), resonance.
Wave motion. Longitudinal and transverse waves, speed of wave motion. Displacement relation for a progressive wave. Principle of superposition of waves, reflection of waves, standing waves in strings and organ pipes, fundamental mode and harmonics, Beats, Doppler effect.
- Current Electricity : Electric current, flow of electric charges in a metallic conductor, Ohm’s law, electrical resistance, V-I characteristics (linear and non-linear) electrical energy and power, electrical resistivity and conductivity.
- Electromagnetic induction : Kirchoffs’ laws and simple applications. Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents.
- Electromagnetic waves : Electromagnetic waves and their characteristics (qualitative ideas only). Transverse nature of electromagnetic waves. Electromagnetic spectrum (radio waves, microwaves, infrared visible, ultraviolet, Xrays, gamma rays) including elementary facts about their uses.
- Computer Application:
- Basic knowledge in Computer
- Operating Computer using GUI based Operating System
- Understanding Word Processing
- Using Spread Sheet
- Communication using the Internet
- Presentation using Power Point.
- Algebra : Irrational numbers, Arithmetic Progression, Quadratic Equations, Logarithm, Laws of Indices.
- Trigonometry : Associated angles, Compound angles, Multiple Angles.
- Co-ordinate Geometry : Equations of straight lines, equations of Circles.
- Calculus : Limit, Differentiation, Integration.