UPSC ISS Syllabus: Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC ISS 2021 Syllabus. Eventually, UPSC conducts the ISS (Indian Statistical Services) Written Exam on 16/07/2021. Candidates who are preparing for the Indian Statistical Services Exam can check the complete ISS 2021 Syllabus here. We collected the ISS Syllabus & Exam Pattern and posted it here for easy reference of aspirants. So candidates can refer our page to check and download the latest UPSC ISS Syllabus.
UPSC ISS Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2021:
Aspirants should be aware of the updated exam pattern before starting their preparation. So candidates are advised to refer the exam pattern before viewing the syllabus. We have also listed the selection process of UPSC ISS 2021 Exam.
UPSC ISS Exam selection involves 2 steps as follows
- Written Exam
- Viva Voce
UPSC ISS 2021 Notification – Click Here
UPSC ISS Written Exam Pattern:
|S. No||Name of the Test||Marks||Duration|
|1||General English||100||3 hours|
|2||General Studies||100||3 hours|
- All questions must be answered in English.
- The question papers will be set in English only.
- The written exam carries 1000 marks.
- Statistics I & II will be of Objective Type Questions (80 questions with maximum marks
of 200 in each paper) to be attempted in 120 minutes.
- Statistics III and IV will be of Descriptive Type having Short Answer / Small Problems Questions (50%) and Long Answer and Comprehension problem questions (50%). At least one Short Answer and One Long Answer Question from each section is compulsory.
- In Statistics-IV, there will be seven Sections in the paper. Candidates have to choose any two Sections out of them. All Sections will carry equal marks.
UPSC ISS Written Exam Syllabus:
1. General English
|2||Questions based on understanding the English language|
|3||Summary or Precis Writing|
2. General Studies
|2||Current Events or Affairs|
|4||History of India|
|4||Computer application and Data Processing|
|2||Statistical Inference and Hypothesis Testing|
|3||Official Statistics (National and International official statistical system, National Statistical Organization, National Statistical Commission, Index Numbers, Sector Wise Statistics, National Accounts, Population Census, Misc)|
Candidates have to choose any two subsections under these mentioned sections and answer.
|1||Operations Research and Reliability|
|2||Demography and Vital Statistics|
|3||Survival Analysis and Clinical Trial|
|6||Design and Analysis of Experiments|
|7||Computing with C and R|
UPSC ISS Viva Voce Pattern:
Candidates who qualified in the Written Exam will be called for the Viva-Voce. Viva-Voce carries 200 Marks.