UPPSC Combined State Agriculture Service Syllabus 2020 – 2021 UPPSC Agriculture Service Exam Syllabus 2021 How to Prepare for उत्तर प्रदेश कृषि सेवा परीक्षा 2020 Uttar Pradesh PSC Combined State Agriculture Services Examination-2020 Selection Process & Exam Pattern
UPPSC Combined State Agriculture Service Syllabus 2021
Advertisement No. A-4/E-1/2020
About UPPSC Combined State Agriculture Service Exam :
Uttar Pradesh Public Selection Commission (UPPSC) Has Recently Announced the Recruitment of 564 Posts Under Combined State Agriculture Services Examination-2020. Candidates Filled their Online Application Form For these Posts. Application Submission process is Started from the Date 29/12/2020 and Conducted Till the Date 29/01/2021. Candidates Can Check the Detailed Recruitment from the Below Provided Link.
About Exam :
Many Interested & Eligible Candidates Filled there Application form and Now they are waiting for their Exam. Soon the Exam will be Conducted & the Date will be announce Separately on the Official Website.
Selection Process :
- Pre Exam
- Mains Exam
Exam Pattern :
Exam Pattern for the Written Exam is as Follows:-
- Exam Will be Objective Type.
- Pre Exam Will Consist the Single Paper of General Studies & Agriculture Subject.
- Exam Will be of 300 Marks & 120 Questions.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
|Subject||Number of Question|
|Part I General Study (सामान्य अध्ययन)||40|
|Part II Agriculture Subject (कृषि विषय)||80|
Minimum Qualifying Marks – The minimum efficiency standard for S.C. & S.T. candidates is fixed 35% i.e. the Candidates of these Categories shall not be placed in the merit/ select list if they have secured less than 35% marks in the Preliminary/ Main examination. Similarly, the minimum efficiency standard for the candidates of other categories is fixed 40% i.e. such candidates shall not be placed in the merit/ select list if they have secured less than 40% marks in the Preliminary/ Main examination. All such candidates who have secured less marks than the marks of minimum efficiency standard as fixed by the Commission shall be treated disqualify
Exam Syllabus :
Exam Syllabus for Examination is given below :-
सामान्य अध्ययन (General Studies)
- General Science (High School Standard).
- History of India.
- Indian National Movement.
- Indian Polity, Economy & Culture.
- Indian Agriculture, Commerce & Trade.
- Indian & Uttar Pradesh Geography & Natural resources.
- Current National and International Important events.
- Logic & Reasoning based on General Intelligence.
- Specific knowledge regarding Education, Culture, Agriculture, Industry Trade, Living & Social Traditions of Uttar Pradesh.
- Elementary Mathematics up to 8th level:–Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
- Ecology and Environment.
Environmental factors of crop distribution and production. Climatic elements as factor of crop growth. Cropping patterns in different agro-climatic zones of U.P. Concepts of multiple, multistory, relay and inter-cropping and their importance in relation to sustainable crop production. Package and practices for production of important cereals, pulses, oilseeds, fiber, sugar and cash crops grown during kharif and Rabi seasons in different regions of U.P. Important features, scope and propagation of various types of forestry plants with reference to agro-forestry and social forestry. Weeds, their characteristics, dissemination, association with various field crops, their multiplication and control. Classification of Indian soils including modern concept. Mineral and organic constituents of soils and their role in maintaining soil productivity. Problem soils, extent and distribution in India and their reclamation. Essential plant nutrients and other beneficial elements in soil and plants. Their occurrence, factors affecting their distribution, function and cycling. Symbiotic and non-symbiotic nitrogen fixation. Principles of soil fertility and its evaluation for judicious fertilizer use. Soil conservation, planning on watershed basis. Dryland agriculture and its problems. Technology for stabilizing agriculture production in rainfed agriculture area of U.P. Necessity and scope of organic farming.
Irrigation and drainage. Farm management and its scope, importance and characterisitcs. Role of cooperatives in agriculture economy. Type and system of farming and factors affecting them. Agricultural extension, its importance and role, method of extension programme, communication and adoption of innovations. Training programme for extension workers and farmers. Extension systems and programmes. Training and visits, KVK, NATP, IVLP, DASP and ATMA. Farm machanization and its role in agricultural production and rural employment.
Heredity and variation, Mendal’s law of inheritance, application of the principles of plant breeding to the improvement of major field crops. Methods of breeding to self and cross-pollinated crops. Introduction, selection, hybridization, male sterility and self incompatibility. Seed Technology and its importance, production, processing, storage and testing of seeds. Role of national and state seed organization in production, processing and marketing of improved seeds. Physiology and its significance in agriculture. Absorption and translocation of water, transpiration and water economy.
Photosynthesis–modern concepts and factors affecting the process. Aerobic and anaerobic respiration. Growth and development. Plant growth regulators and their machanism of action and importance in crop production. Climatic requirements and cultivation of major fruits, vegetables and ornamental crops, package and practices and scientific basis for the same. Principles and methods of preservation of fruits and vegetables. Floriculture including raising of ornamental plants. Diseases and pests of vegetables, fruits, ornamentals, cereals, pulses, oilseeds, fibres, sugar and cash crops of U.P. and measures to control plant diseases. Intigrated management of pests and diseases. Food production and consumption trends in India, national and international food policies, procurements, distribution, processing and production constraints.
On the basis of the Result of Preliminary Examination, thirteen times candidates to the number of vacancies shall be declared successful for the main examination and two times candidates to the number of vacancies shall be called for the interview.
Exam Pattern :
Exam Pattern for the Written Exam is as Follows:-
- General Hindi, Essay and Optional Subject Will be Conventional type.
|1.||General Hindi & Essay (Traditional) सामान्य हिन्दी एवं निबन्ध (परम्परागत)||100||02:00 hours|
|2.||Optional Subject (Traditional) वैकल्पिक विषय (परम्परागत)||200||03:00 hours|
Exam Syllabus :
Exam Syllabus for Examination is given below :-
Paper – 1 (प्रथम प्रश्न पत्र)
General Hindi (सामान्य हिन्दी)
- अपठित गद्यांश का संक्षेपण, उससे सम्बन्धित प्रश्न, रेखांकित अंशों की व्याख्या एवं उसका उपयुक्त शीर्षक।
- अनेकार्थी शब्द, विलोम शब्द, पर्यायवाची शब्द, तत्सम एवं तद्भव, क्षेत्रीय, विदेशी (शब्द भण्डार), वर्तनी, अर्थबोध, शब्द-रूप, सन्धि, समास, क्रियायें, हिन्दी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह, शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ, मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ, उत्तर प्रदेश की मुख्य बोलियाँ तथा हिन्दी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ।
- वाक्यों का हिन्दी से अंग्रेजी तथा अंगे्रजी से हिन्दी में अनुवाद।
इसके अन्तर्गत एक खण्ड होगा। इस खण्ड में से एक निबन्ध लिखना होगा। इस निबन्ध की अधिकतम विस्तार सीमा 500 शब्द होगी। निबन्ध हेतु निम्नवत् क्षेत्र होंगेः-
- साहित्य, संस्कृति
- राष्ट्रीय विकास योजनायें/क्रियान्वयन
- राष्ट्रीय-अन्तर्राष्ट्रीय, सामयिक सामाजिक समस्यायें/निदान
- विज्ञान तथा पर्यावरण
- प्राकृतिक आपदायें एवं उनके निवारण
- कृषि, उद्योग एवं व्यापार।
Paper – 2 (द्वितीय प्रश्नपत्र)
Optional Subject (वैकल्पिक विषय)
परीक्षा योजना-वैकल्पिक विषयों (परम्परागत) प्रश्न पत्र की रचना हेतु प्रश्न पत्रों के स्वरूप एवं अंकों का विभाजन निम्नवत हैः-
- The total number of questions will be 8.
- The question paper section-‘A ‘and section’ B ‘will be divided into two parts.
- There will be 04 questions in section ‘A’ and 04 questions in section ‘B’.
- Question number-1 and 05 will be compulsory and two questions will be compulsory from each section.
- All questions will have same marks and a total of 05 questions will have to be answered.
- प्रश्नों की कुल संख्या-8 होगी।
- प्रश्न पत्र खण्ड-‘अ’ एवं खण्ड ‘ब’ दो भागों में विभाजित होगा।
- खण्ड ‘अ’ में 04 प्रश्न तथा खण्ड ‘ब’ में 04 प्रश्न होंगे।
- प्रश्न संख्या-1 एवं 05 अनिवार्य होंगे तथा प्रत्येक खण्ड से दो प्रश्न करना अनिवार्य होगा।
- सभी प्रश्नों के अंक समान होंगे तथा कुल 05 प्रश्नों के उत्तर देने होंगे।
Syllabus Group ‘A’
District Horticulture Officer-Class-2 (Grade-1)
- Agro climatic zones of U.P. and India, meaning and scope of agricultural meteorology, atmospheric weather variables, Global warming, causes of climatic change and its impact on agriculture. Weather hazards-drought, floods, frost heat wave and cold wave etc.
- Integrated farming system-scope, importance, concepts of organic farming. Weeds and their control. Concept of integrated nutrient management, balance of nutrition, precision agriculture. Irrigation and water management.
- Importance of fruits and vegetables in human nutrition. Establishment of nursery of fruits and vegetables. Propagation, methods, Plantation and lay out of orchards. Principles and methods of training and pruning. Cultivation of fruits, vegetables, ornamentals and medicinal crops eg. mango, guava, anwala, papaya, banana, citrus, tomato, brinzal, okara, carrot, chili, bottle guard, marigold, gladiolus, ashwagandha and safed musali.
- Establishment of kitchen and nutritional garden. Organic farming of fruits and vegetables. Preparation and methods of horticultural products e.g.–Jam, Jelly, Squash, Pickles, tomato sauce and cordial.
Principal-Government Food Science Training Centre/ Food Preservation Officer-Class-2
- Principles and methods of preservation of fruits and vegetables.
- Post harvest management of horticultural crops.
- Preparation of jam, jelly, marmalades, candy, pickles, ketchup, sauce, squashes and cordials.
- Importance of fruits handling, grading packaging and types of storage of fruits and vegetables with merits and demerits.
- Concepts of canning pasteurization, Zero-energy cool chamber, degreening, maturity, indices, pre-cooling, controlled atmospheric storage.
- Spoilage of food-classification of food in relation to spoilage agents.
- Industrial and export potential, Agricultural export zones and industrial support.
- Vitamins present in important fruits and vegetables.
Senior Technical Assistant, Group “A” (Agronomy Branch)
- Meaning and scope of agricultural meterology, Atmospheric weather variables, Global warming. Causes of climate change, and its impact on agriculture, weather hazards-drought, floods, frost, heat wave and cold wave etc. Agro climatic Zones of U.P. & India.
- Scientific principles of crop production, crop response production functions, concept of soil plants relations, concept of growth, modern concept of tillage, concept of Integrated nutrient management, Balance nutrition, precision agriculture.
- Sustainable agriculture–problems and its impact on agriculture, conservation agriculture, strategies in agriculture, resource use efficiency and optimization of technologies.
- Farming system-scope, importance, concept, cropping system and cropping pattern, multiple cropping, inter cropping. Integrated farming system, organic farming.
- Weeds, their characteristics, weed biology, dissemination, association with field crops, multiplication, weed control and management.
- Dry land agriculture, Rain fed Agriculture.
- Irrigation and water management criteria for scheduling irrigation, drainage, runoff, Losses of water during irrigation, water use efficiency.
- Package of practices for production of cereals, millets, pulses, oil seeds, fiber, forage, sugar & cash crops. Grown in kharif, Rabi & Zaid season in U.P. & India.
Senior Technical Assistant Group-A (Botany Branch)
Subject: Agriculture Botany/Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Historical perspective of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Mendel’s laws of inheritance, Multiple alleles, Gene interactions. Sex determination, sex-linkage, Sex-influenced and sex-limited traits; Linkage-detection, estimation; Recombination and genetic mapping in eukaryotes. Organization of chromosome in prokaryotes and eukaryotes, artificial chromosome construction and its uses; Special types of chromosomes. Chromosomal theory of inheritance–Cell Cycle and cell division–mitosis and meiosis. Crossing over-mechanisms and theories of crossing over-cytological basis. Structural and Numerical variations of chromosomes and their applications; Polyploidy and role of polyploidsin crop breeding; Extra chromosomal inheritance. Alien addition and substitution lines–creation and utilization; Interspecific hybridization and allopolyploids; Synthesis of new crops.
- Nature, structure and replication of the genetic material; Organization of DNA in chromosomes, Genetic code; Protein biosynthesis. Fine structure of gene, Allelic complementation, Split genes, Overlapping genes, Pseudogenes, Onco-genes. Regulation of gene activity in prokaryotes and eukaryotes; Molecular mechanisms of mutation, repair and suppression.
- Objectives, activity and important achievements of plant breeding. Mode of reproduction and Patterns of Evolution in Crop Plants, Centers of Origin, its significance. Genetic basis of breeding self-and cross-pollinated crops including mating systems and response to selection-nature of variability, components of variation; Heritability and genetic advance, genotype-environment interaction; Random mating population-Frequencies of genes and genotypes-Causes of change: Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium. General and specific combining ability; Types of gene actions and implications in plant breeding; Plant introduction and role of plant genetic resources in plant breeding. Self-incompatibility and male sterility in crop plants and their commercial exploitation. Pure line theory, pure line selection and mass selection, pedigree, bulk, backcross, single seed descent and multiline method; Population breeding in self-pollinated crops (diallel selective mating approach). Breeding methods in cross pollinated crops; Population breeding-mass selection and ear-to-row methods; early testing, recurrent selection schemes for intra and inter-population improvement and development of synthetics and composites; Hybrid breeding-genetically and physiological basis of heterocyst and inbreeding, production of in breds, breeding approaches for improvement of in breds predicting hybrid performance; seed production of hybrid and their parent varieties/in breds. Breeding methods in asexually propagated crops. Concept of plant ideotype and its role in crop improvement. Special breeding techniques-Mutation breeding. Plant breeders’ rights and regulations for plant variety protection and farmers rights.
- Biotechnology and its relevance in agriculture, Tissue culture-History, callus, suspension cultures, Regeneration; Somatic embryogenesis; Anther culture; somatic hybridization techniques; Meristem, ovary and embryo culture; cryopreservation. Techniques of DNA isolation, quantification and analysis; Genotyping; Sequencing techniques; Vectors, vector preparation and cloning, genomic and c DNA libraries, Biochemical: morphological, and DNA-based markers (RFLP, RAPD, AFLP, SSR, SNPs, ESTs etc.), mapping populations. Marker-assisted selection for qualitative and quantitative traits; QTLs analysis in crop plants. Genomics and geo informatics for crop improvement. Recombinant DNA technology, transgenic, method of transformation, vector-mediated gene transfer and physical methods of gene transfer. Biotechnology applications in male sterility/hybrid breeding, molecular farming. Genetically Modified Organism and related issues (risk and regulations).
- Biotic and abiotic stress resistance, Host-pathogen interaction, gene-for-gene hypothesis. Types and genetic mechanisms of resistance to biotic stresses-Horizontal and vertical resistance in crop plants and Gene Pyramiding.
- Variety Development and Maintenance; Variety testing, release and notification systems in India. Genetic purity concept and DUS testing. Factors responsible for genetic deterioration of varieties-safeguards during seed production; Principles of quality seed production. Generation system of seed multiplication-nucleus, breeders, foundation, certified, Quality seed production technology of wheat, paddy, pearl millet, sorghum, maize, pigeon pea, chickpea, field pea, groundnut, soyabean, sunflower, rapeseed and mustard. Seed certification procedures and Seed Act.
Senior Technical Assistant “Group-A” (Plant Protection)
- History and importance of Plant Protection in India.
- Set up of Plant Protection organization in U.P.
- Principal of Pest control viz., Physical, Mechanical, Cultural and biological and integrated control.
- Plant Protection equipment their care and maintenance.
- Storage pest of cereals and pulses.
- Pest management in major crops cereals (Paddy and Wheat) Millets (Maize, Sorghum and Bajara), oil seed (Mustard, Sesame and Sunflower), Pulses (Pigeon Pea, pea, chickpea and lentil) and sugarcane.
- General principal of plant protection and its importance in agriculture.
- Principal plant infection, and methods of Isolation.
- Principal of plant disease control, Qurantine, Cultural Method, Biological Method, Chemical control and disease Resistance. Seed Treatment, Spraying and dusting. Mode of action of different groups of fungicides and antibiotics.
- Symptoms, etiology, transmission and control of important disease of cereals, legumes, oilseed, fruits and vegetables crops in referances to U.P.
Senior Technical Assistant, Group-“A” (Chemistry Branch)
- Soil–Physical, Chemical and Biological properties, processes and factor of soil formation, Mineral and organic constituents for soil and their role in maintaining soil productivity, Essential plant nutrients-macro and micro and other beneficial elements in soils. Sources and forms of nutrient availability, Principles of soil fertility and integrated nutrient management, Losses of nitrogen, fixation of phosphorus and potassium in soils. Chemistry of acid, salt affected and submerged soils and their reclamation methods. Soil types and their important characteristics.
- Soil microbiology-ecology and types of organisms in different soils. Microbial transformations of nutrients and biodegradation of soil organic matter and pesticides and their use in crop production and soil improvement.
- Soil, water and air pollution problems associated with agricultures. Nature and sources of pollutants, Their effect on crops and soils:-soil as sink for waste disposal-Pesticides-their classification, behavior in soils, effect on soil micro organisms. Toxic elements-Their sources, behavior in soils, effect on nutrients and human health. Pollution of water resources due to leaching of nutrients and pesticides. Green house gasses-carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide. Amelioration of contaminated soil and water resources.
- Soil conservation and soil survey-definitions, objectives, types, land use capability classification. Soil erosion-definition, processes, types factors affecting it soil, run off and nutrient losses in water erosion and their methods of estimation and measurement. Soil and water conservation measure of water erosion, agronomical, mechanical (engineering) and forestry. Wind erosion control measures-ground surface and forestry (wind breaks and shelter belts).
- Dry land agriculture-measures for dry farming, dry land farming and rainfed farming. Watershed management-concept, principles, objectives, steps and components. Schemes related to watershed management and concept of bio industrial watershed management. Applications of Remote sensing, GIS and isotopes technology in survey and identification of for planning and management of watershed. Conservation irrigation-definition control on water conveyance losses, surface sprinkler and trickle irrigation in water saving. Drainage-possible reutilization of excess water by surface and subsurface methods and low Cost bio drainage technique. Soil conservation practices to support afforestation of problem sites-ravines and gilled lands, waterlogged areas, salt affected soils, steep chill slops, land slides and slips, stream bank control, sand dune fixing and other wastelands. Agro forestry-definition, objectives, need scope and system. Forestry options in mitigating climate change and improvement:–agricultural development, ecological balance and national economy. Gully control structures-temporary and permanent. Design and construction of checkdam, ponds and reservoirs.
Post-Senior Technical Assistant, Group-“A” (Development Branch)
- Importance of Agro meteorology, Global warming Causes of climate change and its impact on agriculture weather hazards-drought, flood & frost, Agro climatic zones in U.P.
- Integrated forming system-scope, importance, concept cropping system and cropping pattern, multiple cropping and intercropping, organic farming.
- Sustainable agriculture problems & its impact on agriculture concept of integrated nutrient management (INM), Integrated pest management (IPM), Integrated weed management (IWM), watershed management-concept, objective & steps of implementation.
- Role of Animal husbandry & dairy development in rural economy, mushroom cultivation, Bee-keeping, Different Agricultural revolutions in India, Types of seeds, Role of forestry in mitigation of climate change, Agricultural Extension efrorts in pre independence and post independence era. Role of KVK information technology and communication in agriculture.
- Package and Practices
- Cereals-Rice, wheat, Maize, Jawar, Bajara.
- Pulses-Arhar, Gram, Lantil, Field pea.
- Oil seeds-Mustard, linssed, Til.
- Cash crops-Sugarcane, Potato.
- Vegetables-Tomato, Brinzal, chilli, okra.
- Fruits-Mango, Guava, Amla.
- Flowers-Gladiolus, Marigold, Rose.
Interview Will be of 50 Marks.
Final Words :
All the Candidates are Advised to be in touch with the Official Website to got the Information Regarding UPPSC Combined State Agriculture Service Syllabus, Admit Card & Other Related Information. Also the Candidates Can Bookmark us (www.jobriya.com) by Pressing Ctrl+D.
Important Link Area for UPPSC Combined State Agriculture Service Syllabus :
!!..Wish You All The Best..!!
Candidates can leave your comments in the comment box for UPPSC Combined State Agriculture Service Syllabus. Any query & Comment will be highly welcomed. Our Panel will try to solve your query. Keep Updating Yourself.