Entrance Exam Pattern:
The Test pattern of NEET (UG)-2021 comprises of two Sections. Each subject will consist of two sections. Section A will consist of 35 Questions and Section B will have 15 questions, out of these 15 Questions, candidates can choose to attempt any 10 Questions. So, the total number of questions and utilization of time will remain the same.
The pattern for the NEET (UG)-2021 Examination for admission in the Session 2021-22 is as follows:
|Subject(s)||Section(s)||No. Of Question(s)||Mark(s)**(Each Question Carries 04 (Four) Marks)|
- Each question carries 04 (four) marks.
- For each correct answer/best option, candidate will get 04 (four) marks.
- For each incorrect answer, 01(one) mark will be deducted from the total score.
- To answer a question, the candidate has to find, for each question, the correct answer/ best option.
- However, after the process of challenge of key, if more than one option is found to be correct then all/any one of the multiple correct/best options marked will be given four marks (+4). Any incorrect option marked will be given minus one mark (-1). Unanswered/Unattempt questions will be given no marks. In case, a question is dropped/ ignored, all candidates will be given four marks (+4) irrespective of the fact whether the question has been attempted or not attempted by the candidate.
Duration of Test:
The duration of test would be three (03) hours.
Mode of Examinations:
NEET (UG) – 2021 is a Pen & Paper-based Test, to be answered on the specially designed machine gradable OMR sheet using Ball Point Pen.
Medium of the Question Papers:
Candidates can opt for Question Paper in any one of the following 11 languages.
- Option of medium of Question Paper should be carefully chosen while filling in the Application Form. The option once chosen cannot be changed.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- Candidates opting for Hindi would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet in English and Hindi.
- Candidates opting for Regional languages would also be provided Bilingual Test Booklet in selected Regional language and English.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of a question in the test, its English version shall be treated as final and the decision of NTA shall be final in this regard.
NEET UG 2021 Syllabus:
The National Medical Commission of India (NMC) recommends the syllabus for NEET(UG) after reviewing various State syllabi as well as those prepared by CBSE, NCERT and COBSE.
|Physics syllabus of class 11th||Physics syllabus of class 12th|
|Sr. No.||Topics||Sr. No.||Topics|
|1||Physical-world and measurement||1||Electrostatics|
|2||Kinematics & Laws of Motion||2||Current Electricity|
|3||Work, Energy and Power||3||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|4||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||4||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|6||Properties of Bulk Matter||6||Optics|
|7||Thermodynamics||7||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|8||Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||8||Atoms and Nuclei|
|9||Oscillations and Waves||9||Electronic Device|
|Chemistry syllabus of class 11th||Chemistry syllabus of class 12th|
|Sr. No.||Topics||Sr. No.||Topics|
|1||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||1||Solid State|
|2||Structure of Atom||2||Solutions|
|3||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||3||Electrochemistry|
|4||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||4||Chemical Kinetics|
|5||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||5||Surface Chemistry|
|6||Thermodynamics||6||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|7||Equilibrium||7||p, d and f Block Elements|
|8||Redox Reactions||8||Coordination Compounds|
|9||Hydrogen||9||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|10||s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||10||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|11||Some p-Block Elements||11||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|12||Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||12||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|13||Hydrocarbons||13||Biomolecules & Polymers|
|14||Environmental Chemistry||14||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Biology syllabus of class 11th||Biology syllabus of class 12th|
|Sr. No.||Topic||Sr. No.||Topic|
|1||Diversity in Living World||1||Reproduction|
|2||Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||2||Genetics and Evolution|
|3||Cell Structure and Function||3||Biology and Human Welfare|
|4||Plant Physiology||4||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|5||Human physiology||5||Ecology and environment|