About MP Vyapam Exam Pattern :-
Written exam will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type & consist of 200 marks.
|S. No.||Subject||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- Total time duration of written exam is 3 Hours.
About MP Vyapam PAHUNT Entrance Exam Syllabus :-
- Unit and dimensions, dimensional analysis, S.I. Units, Motion in two dimensions Cases of uniform velocity and uniform acceleration, General relation between position and velocity, Uniform circular motion, Force and inertia. Newton’s Laws of motion. Conservation of momentum and energy. Static and kinetic friction.
- Work energy and power collisions, potential energy, gravitational potential energy and its angular conversion to kinetic energy. Potential energy of a spring, Rigid body rotation and conservation of its momentum. Acceleration due to gravity and its variation, Universal law of gravitation, geostationary satellites, escape velocity.
- Hooke’s law, Young’s modulus, shear and bulk modulus, surface energy and surface tension, kinetic theory of gases, gas laws, kinetic energy and temperature. Specific heats at constant volume and constant pressure. mechanical equivalent of heat, isothermal and adiabatic processes.
- Wave nature of light, Interference, Young’s double slit experiment, Velocity of light and Doppler’s effect in light. Reflection, refraction, total internal reflection, curved mirrors, Lenses, mirror and lens formulae. Dispersion in prism, absorption and emission spectra.
- Coulomb’s law of electrostatic, dielectric constant, electric field and potential due to a point charge, dipole, dipole field, Gauss’s law in a simple geometrics. Electrostatic potential, capacitance, parallel plate and spherical capacitors capacitors in series and parallel, energy of a capacitor.
- Electromagnetic induction induced emf, Faraday’s law, Lenz’s law, self and mutual inductance alternating currents, impedance and reactance growth and decay of current in L-R circuit, elementary idea of dynamo and transformer.
General and Physical Chemistry:- Structure of Atom : Constitution of nucleus : Bohr’s atom model : quantum numbers Aufbau principle, electronic configuration of elements (upto-Kr) : de-Broglie relation, shapes of orbitals. Chemical Bond : Electrovalent, covalent and coordinate bonds, hybridization (sp) : hydrogen bond: shapes of molecules (VSERR theory) : bond polarity, resonance, Elements of VBT MOT.
Inorganic Chemistry : Principles of metallurgical-operations : Furnaces, ore concentration, extraction, purification
metallurgies of Na, Al, Fe, Cu, Ag, Zn and Pb and their properties. Chemical periodicity : s, p, d and f-block elements, periodic Table: periodicity : atomic and ionic radii valency, ionization energy, electron affinity electronegativity, metallic character. Comparative study of elements: Comparative study of the following families of elements: (i) alkali metals (ii) Alkaline earth metals (iii) Nitrogen family (iv) Oxygen family (v) Halogens (vi)Noble gases.
Organic Chemistry : Calculation of empirical and molecular formula of organic compounds, Nomenclature of organic compounds, common functional groups isomerism structure and shapes of alkanes, alkanes and benzene. Preparation properties and uses of alkynes, alkyl, benzene, petroleum, cracking octane number, gasoline additives. Nomenclature, Physical chemical properties, correlation of physical properties with structure properties and uses of heloalkanes, halobenzenes, alcholos and phenols.
Botany:- Structural organization of cell, cell theory. Light and Electron Microscopic view of cell. Structure and functions of cell organelles : Nucleus Mitochondria, Chloroplast Endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi complex lysosome, micro bodies microfilaments Ribosome’s, Centrioles and Plasmids, Eukaryotic Chromosome (Morphology) cell and plasma membrane, Difference between plant and animal cell. Division, cell cycle significance of mitosis and meiosis. Mendel’s Laws of inheritance, Monohybrid and hybrid cross; linage and crossing over of genetic material DNA replication, genetic code transcription, transcription and gene regulation. Difference between Prokaryote and Eukaryotes : Structure reproduction and economic importance of viruses Mycoplasma, Bacteriophage, Cynobacteria (Nostoc) and Bacteria.
Zoology:- Structure and function of Animal tissues Epithelial, Connective Muscular, Skeletal and Nerve. Histology of mammalian organs – Stomach, Intestine, Liver, Kidney, Lung, Testes and Ovary. Structure and Physiology of different organ systems of Human body. Skin, Digestive system, Respiratory system, Circulatory system.
Female reproductive cycles in mammals. Gamogenesis along with structure of sperm and ovum. Types of eggs, Fertilization, cleavage types of elevage and blastula. Development of mammals upto three germinal layers. Economic Zoology/Sericulture, Apiculture, Lac culture, Poultry, Fishery and Pearl industry.Protozoan disease in relation to man. Insect carrying diseases in relation to man. Cancer-types of cancer and cancer cell. Communicable diseases (Hepatitis, AIDS) STD, Immune Response, Vaccines and antisera allergies.Smoking, alcoholism and drug addiction, symptoms and control.Wild conservation.