GSET Syllabus 2021
About GSET 2021 :-
The test conducted by UGC and UGC/CSIR is referred as the National Eligibility Test (NET) while the equivalent test conducted by the State government is called State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) or State Eligibility Test (SET). Gujarat Government decided, in principle, to conduct SET vide Government of Gujarat Education Department Resolution No MIS-1092-New Item-10-dated 31/8/98. The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda has been appointed and authorized as the Agency of the State Government to conduct State Eligibility Test for the University and college teachers of Gujarat(herein after referred as SET or GSET). It may further be specifically understood that such a candidate who qualifies the SET would only be held eligible for being appointed as Assistant Professor in University/ affiliated college, provided he/she fulfills other academic qualifications prescribed for post of Assistant Professor by the U.G.C. and is selected by the respective Selection Committee. Unlike the NET/UGC-CSIR Combined Test the candidates who qualifies the SET is only eligible for being selected as Assistant Professor and not for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). Starting of Online Registration was 21 June 2021 to 21 July 2021.
About Gujarat SET Exam :-
On behalf of the Gujarat State, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, the Nodal Agency announces holding of the 14th Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) on 29th December 2021 (SUNDAY) for determining the Eligibility of Gujarat state’s candidates for Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State. The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, State Agency will conduct GSET in 23 subjects at 11 Centres spread across Gujarat state.
GSET Selection Process :-
The Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of GSET in aggregate. The candidates who qualify the Gujarat State Eligibility Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned Universities / Colleges / State Government of Gujarat , as the case may be.
- Written Exam (Paper – Ist & IInd)
Gujarat SET Exam Pattern :-
Paper- I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|Paper I||100||50 questions all are compulsory||3 Hour (09:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.) IST|
|Paper II||200||100 questions all are compulsory|
- The questions in both the papers will appear in both Gujarati and English versions (except for languages and science subjects).
- In case of any discrepancy in Gujarati and English version of questions in Paper- I and II, the English Version should be taken as final.
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I and Paper – II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided.
- There are no negative marks for incorrect answers.
- It is compulsory for Candidate to appear in both the papers. A candidate who does not appear in Paper-I, will not be permitted to appear in Paper-II.
- The candidate shall have to return the original OMR Sheet of Paper – I and Paper – II to the Invigilator before leaving the examination hall / room. However, candidates are allowed to carry the Test Booklets of Paper – I and II along with duplicate copy (carbonless copy) of OMR Sheet on conclusion of examination.
- There is no provision of re-evaluation/re-checking of results. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
Syllabus of GSET Exam 2021 :-
Syllabus for GSET Examination will be the same as UGC / CSIR NET. Syllabi for all Gujarat SET (GSET) subjects can be downloaded from the GSET Website www.gujaratset.in . GSET Agency, Vadodara will not send the syllabus to individual candidates. For Science Subjects i.e. Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences & Earth Sciences, the syllabus is same as of the CSIR-NET. However, the examination Pattern will be same as of the UGC-NET, described above. For all other subjects, the syllabus is same as of the UGC-NET.
Gujarat SET Latest PDF Both Papers (1st & 2nd) :-
GSET Minimum Qualifying Marks :-
In order to be considered eligible for Assistant Professor, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for General (Unreserved) category candidates and at least 35% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together for all candidates belonging to the reserved categories viz., SC, ST, SEBC (belonging to Non-Creamy Layer), PWD (PH/VH) and Transgender.