Common-Law Admission Test Pattern 2021 | UG, PG
CLAT UG Exam Pattern
|Name of the Subject||Marks||Time Duration|
|English including comprehension||40||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20|
CLAT UG Exam Pattern
|Name of the Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
|Other Law Subjects including Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR, and Jurisprudence||60||60|
CLAT 2021 Syllabus:
- English Including Comprehension: The English section will test the candidate’s proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc. The grammar section requires the correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: The General knowledge will be evaluated on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test the candidates ‘ on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
- Mathematics: This section will test the candidate’s knowledge of elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught up to 10th Class/ Standard.
- Legal Aptitude: This section will test the candidate’s interest in the study of law, research aptitude, and problem-solving ability. Questions may include legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
- Logical Reasoning: The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links, and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.